Carpets are decorative pieces used by people to cover their floors. They come in different designs, patterns, quality, and materials depending on the choice of the purchaser. Most people go for carpets due to their ambiance. It also brings comfort and enhances the look of any space.
It has historical and cultural significance for most parts of the world, especially Dubai residents who are keen on its high-value art. Carpet cleaning is a key task for maintaining a comfortable and healthy space. It can accumulate a lot of dust, stains, germs, molds, etc. if not taken care of properly. Which not only affects its appearance but also the quality and feel of the user.
Depending on the quality and material of a carpet, different methods are used to maintain the carpets. Most people usually go for professional carpet clean after every 12 to 18 months, but regular maintenance is required to maintain health, hygiene, and ambiance.
They are in direct contact with dust, stains, and bacteria due to their excessive and regular usage. Making you vulnerable in situations when ignored for longer times.
Maintaining carpets after a professional carpet cleaning is a cumbersome task that needs vigilance and effort. Especially in houses with pets and/or kids. As they can bring dust, dirt, and allergens from outside. Their urine, feces, saliva, or vomit may introduce bacteria to your carpet leading to infections, diseases, and unpleasant smells.
It is important to note here that the carpets can be maintained easily if done with a reasonable approach.
Modern and efficiently designed vacuums are widely available in the markets, and regular vacuuming through them can help remove most of the dirt and debris. It helps prevent trapped particles and pollutants from building up and becoming a source of indoor air pollution.
Regular maintenance can help create a healthy atmosphere along with an increase in the lifespan of carpets. Leaving stains, dust, allergens, pet urine stains, etc. for longer periods can cause permanent damage to your carpet.
Most people use DIY products for regular maintenance. You need to understand the extent you should clean. Randomly used detergents, chemicals, and cleaning products/methods can be risky. It may damage the fibers of the carpet or leave behind residues that attract more dirt.
Some use baking soda and vinegar to remove stains without knowing their effects on the fiber. It may cause discoloration or fading on some carpets. Professional carpet cleaners are a great blessing if a hardcore or deep cleaning of the carpet is required. They are well-equipped, skillful, and experienced to clean your carpet thoroughly and safely.
You should not wait for visible dirt or stain to accumulate on the carpet before going into its maintenance. Regular vacuuming or wet cloth can do a great job for minor stains. Keeping in mind that using improper vacuuming techniques or harsh brush attachments can cause damage to the fibers of the carpet.
Steam cleaning is also an effective way to remove moisture and prevent mold or bacterial issues. It involves injecting hot water and cleaning solution into the carpet, then extracting the dirty water along with the loosened dirt. Powerful extraction after high-temperature water helps clean thoroughly.
Some of the tips and tricks to keep in mind while regular usage of carpet to help maintain the quality and life of a carpet after getting carpet professionally cleaned, are as follows:
- Vacuum once or twice a week to remove accumulated dirt, dust, and debris. Use high suction power to clear corners, edges, and hard-to-reach areas,
- Use paper, towel, tissue, cloth, etc. to promptly clean the spilled liquid. Use gentle push, avoid rubbing as it may get absorbed deeply,
- Rotating furniture periodically may also help maintain the shape of the carpet. As it helps expose different traffic areas and prevent uneven wear on your carpet,
- Doormat can be a great addition to your life. It helps remove particles from your foot at the doorstep to minimize dirt and contaminants being tracked on the carpet,
- Scheduling a regular deep cleaning through a professional carpet cleaning service can help maintain the carpet in the long run,
- When cleaned or wet, wait for it to dry before regular usage,
- Regularly check wear and tear in the carpet and fix the loose fibers where required to keep the carpet in good condition,
- You can also use carpet protectants to repel dirt and spills from penetration into the fibers of the carpet.
- Use precautionary measures provided by the manufacturer, and apply provided guidelines to clean and maintain the carpet.
Professional carpet cleaning can be scheduled periodically for deep cleaning to remove embedded dirt and stains. It helps you maintain quality in the long run but regular measures including regular vacuuming, removing spills immediately, using rugs and mats, avoiding direct sunlight, and rotating furniture are necessary.
It not only beautifies your space but also enhances the overall atmosphere of the surroundings. Investing time and effort in caring for your carpets will reap the benefits for years to come. Helping you to increase the quality of your life by maintaining the softness and plushness of carpets, creating a cozy atmosphere that promotes relaxation and enjoyment. Allowing you to enjoy time at home to the fullest.