Mattresses are a type of big investment for a family. Once bought it serves for several decades. None wants to damage it while trying to clean a stain out of them. In general cleaning bloodstain from a mattress depends on the type of mattress you own. If you have got a bloodstain on your mattress and probably thinking of replacing it with a new one then do not worry as Mattress Cleaning Service Dubai is there to solve this problem. Professional cleaners have the experience and tools to clean even the deep-rooted blood stains from your mattress.
Steps to get blood out of a mattress
Before you tackle the stain here are a few steps that you should do for removing the stain from the mattress:
- Remove all the bedsheets, fitted sheets, decorative items, pillows, and any other things that are on your bed.
- Use a wet cloth for dabbing away the excess liquid from the stain and make sure of using cold water. Hot water and rubbing vigorously at the stain make it worse and hard to remove out of the mattress.
- Once you have dabbed a wet towel on the bloodstain, make sure you dry the wet area using a towel.
- Rinse the cold cloth and repeat until nothing else can be taken out of the stain.
After following the above steps, let us now discuss the methods of removing bloodstain from the mattress.
Methods of removing blood stains from a mattress
A bloodstain is considered one of the most notorious stains that are very difficult to remove as it contains iron and hemoglobin. Following are the methods that can be used to remove even the toughest blood stains:
- Enzyme Cleaner: Enzyme-based cleaner is the best way to remove bloodstain from a mattress. An oxygenated enzyme cleaner is a strong cleaning solution. You can also opt for an oxygenated bleach enzyme cleaner, which has the power of breaking down the stain at a molecular level by oxidizing the blood bonds and eliminating color from hemoglobin. You should not apply enzyme cleaner directly on the bloodstain instead apply it on a towel and then pat it on the stain.
- Baking Soda: It is one of the natural remedies that work on even the most stubborn of stains. After applying baking soda directly to the stain, spray the area with white vinegar. Then leave it for 30 minutes and then dab away the solution with a towel. Lastly, dab with cold water to remove the stain entirely from the mattress.
- Corn Starch Mixture: First make a thick paste by mixing a cup of cornstarch, a cup of hydrogen peroxide, and one tablespoon of salt. After applying the paste to the stain, leave it for 30 minutes and then remove it with a cold and wet cloth with repeated dabbing.
- Talcum Powder: Mix talcum powder and water to make a thick paste and apply it to the stain. After that, brush away the dried paste for removing the stain.
- Ammonia: It is known as the blemish-busting beast. To remove the bloodstain from the mattress, one tablespoon of ammonia should be mixed with one cup of cold water and then a towel is to be dipped into the solution and dabbed on the stain until the blood comes out of the mattress.
Apart from the above-mentioned methods, there are a few more methods of removing blood stains from the mattress, depending on the type of mattress. Hence, the professional Mattress Cleaning Service Dubai is always the best one to remove blood or any other stains from all kinds of mattresses.